Port Salford will be the UK’s first inland “tri-modal” port facility and Distribution Park; served by road, short sea shipping and connected to the West Coast Main Line via a new link to the 9’6” gauge cleared Manchester – Liverpool line.
Port Salford will provide a central North West distribution base to improve supply chains for businesses across the North West. It will enable direct barge access to the river terminal at the Port of Liverpool and will reduce the environmental impact of the terminal’s expansion by reducing freight levels on road.
- Phase 1 – Total potential development floorspace 1.5 million sq ft.
- Outline consent for B2/B8
- Total site area of 150 acres
- Rail link to West Coast Main Line approved
- Located at Junction 11 of the M60, Manchester’s orbital motorway
- Links to Manchester Ship Canal and on to L2 Deepwater Shipping Terminal