Port Salford will be the UK’s first inland “tri-modal” port facility and Distribution Park; served by road, short sea shipping and connected to the West Coast Main Line via a new link to the 9’6” gauge cleared Manchester – Liverpool line.
Port Salford will provide a central North West distribution base to improve supply chains for businesses across the North West. It will enable direct barge access to the river terminal at the Port of Liverpool and will reduce the environmental impact of the terminal’s expansion by reducing freight levels on road.
- Port Salford is a 5 million sq ft multi modal logistics hub served by road, rail and water.
- Road access is direct to the M60 Manchester Orbital whilst containers can be moved by water along the 37 mile Manchester Ship canal allowing a direct connection to the Port of Liverpool, the site will also incorporate a new rail freight terminal enabling long distance container movements by rail across the UK.
- Phase 1 is 1.5 m sq ft with outline planning consent and Phase 2 is 3.5 m sf ft of floorspace being promoted through the planning system.
- Port Salford can accommodate enquiries of up to 1 m sq ft making it a unique big box site.
- PLP have developed a 280,000 sq ft logistics for Great Bear and 50,000 sq ft for Rhenus to date at Port Salford.