PLP submits planning for warehouse logistics space at a key strategic site in Leeds, UK
PLP has submitted a reserved matters planning application for approximately 900,000 sq ft of prime urban logistics space at PLP Gateway 45, Leeds with a completed project value in excess of £150 million.
Subject to planning approval, PLP intends to deliver 4 distribution units on the 43 acre site with sizes ranging from 60,000 sq ft to 400,000 sq ft on a speculative and pre-let basis. Speculative construction is expected to begin in the first quarter of 2020.
The company believes that PLP Gateway 45 is a key strategic site given:
- It will be the only consented urban logistics development that is able to satisfy large scale occupiers of more than 300,000 sq ft within the Leeds City Region;
- Proximity to Leeds City via the recently upgraded A63 Pontefract Lane (15mins), and the wider Leeds and West Yorkshire conurbations;
- Provides immediate and unrivalled access to both the M1 motorway via Junction 45 and the wider national motorway network;
- Strong labour pool with 2.5 million people living within the West Yorkshire metropolitan area (site is also adjacent to the Temple Green Park & Ride for additional connectivity);
- Rapidly improving local infrastructure, housing supply and occupier amenity; and
- The site also benefits from Central Government Enterprise Zone status, offering further incentives to occupiers
Hugh Chesterton, Development Director at PLP said: “PLP Gateway 45 is a prime example of the Company’s ambitions to create nationally significant ‘edge of conurbation’ logistics parks with immediate access to improving infrastructure. PLP looks forward to working with the Leeds planning department to deliver the last stage in a significant civic and urban effort to enhance and improve the urban economic fabric of one of the UK’s most vibrant local economies”.