SUSTAINABILITY: solutions to cut cost and carbon footprint
Sustainability is a key pillar of the PLP offer. At MIPIM 2015, the team updated the market on the sustainable energy and water solutions available to logistics occupiers.
Launching the new sustainability brochure, Matthew Fitton explained how PLP can offer the full occupational package to the logistics supply chain.
Sustainability: key messages from the PLP team
- Containerised goods, via Liverpool2 can reach Port Cheshire, Port Salford and our other quayside sites without ever touching a mile of the UK’s road network.
- Containers received at Liverpool2 will be trans-shipped onto our barge service before being dropped off at one of a series of inland logistics parks the full length of the canal.
- Customer products can be processed, manufactured or refined without the need for an expensive initial inland haulage leg. Finished products can be distributed from site
- We can help you to reduce carbon emissions, reduce transport costs and provide a solution for congestion.
- We can handle containers of product that are overweight for the UK road network before they are de-vanned and distributed. This can result in a huge saving in logistics costs.
“Sustainability is good economics in practice” explained Andy Martin. “35 million consumers live within 150 miles of Liverpool – why import and export products into the South of the UK that are destined for population centres in the North?”